I had an interesting experience the other day...
The car I'm driving at the moment, is a bit of an old "bomb". I never check the oil or water, and when I do remember to do it, I've got my hands full juggling kids, and it all seems too hard.
Anyway, the last few times I have driven it, I kept getting this "feeling" come over me, that I had to check the water. As per usual, I kept forgetting, but every time I drove it, that "feeling" came back.
The other night, after our evening walk, DH and I just happened to get caught up in our conversation and stopped right next to the car. I perched up on the bonnet, and as I did, I suddenly remembered that I needed to check the water.
You already know the rest of this story, dont you?!?!
Yes, the car was bone-dry. There was not A DROP of water left in it. I would have cooked the engine, THE VERY NEXT TIME I drove that car.
That night I had a dream, and that's exactly what happened in my dream. I was stopped on the side of the road, in the hot summer sun, with a cranky four year old, and a screaming baby, and no-one pulled over to help.
You can call me crazy, but I KNOW God was looking out for me.
When I was younger, I would have scoffed at the idea of God telling me to put water in my car. I thought God had bigger and better things to worry about. But the more I learn, the more I realise that God is in every tiny detail of our life.
I like to think of my life as like a tapestry. And God is pulling it all together, the tiny stitches, and the big.
He is weaving them all, into something beautiful.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How wonderful :) I love to hear about God working in others lives.
ReplyDelete