Friday, February 5, 2010

let go and let God

Discovered while de-cluttering the other day....

I dont know where this poem comes from, or even who gave it to me.

LET GO AND LET GOD.

As children bring their broken toys, with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God, because He is my friend.
But then, instead of leaving Him,
in peace, to work alone
I hung around, and tried to help,
with ways that were my own.
At last, I snatched them back again,
and cried "How could you be so slow?".
"My child", he said "What could I do?
You never did let go".

3 comments:

  1. I would love to know more about your journey - how you got from the place of anger and sorrow, etc to a place where you know God loves you. :) I struggle - not with sorrows or anything like you have experienced - I just struggle with disbelief. I love to hear how other people have worked through hard times and come out stronger on the other side :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, like Karen, would love to know more about your journey. I am (for some reason I can't explain)drawn to your blog and eagerly await your next post. I would love to hear your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, alright, alright!!! (Got a bit sidetracked...!!!). Truly, I'm thrilled. I thought long and hard, before starting this blog, because I wasnt sure if it was the right thing to do. But if it helps one person to start thinking about faith - then this blog has achieved what it set out to achieve.

    Will write some more of my journey as soon as I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete