Saturday, January 9, 2010

finding....and keeping....faith

I was brought up by devout Christian parents. I was taught to show reverence to God. I was taught to fear Him, and honour Him.

During my late teens and early twenties, a series of dark and bitter experiences made me question everything I believed in. I found and lost love, I ran away from home, had my heart broken, battled with depression, betrayal by a "friend", and at the tender age of 20, I buried my precious baby son.

In my grief, and utter despair, I wondered if God had ever existed?

If He did, did He even care?

I pictured Him, throwing His hands up in disgust, and leaving all of us sinful souls to our own devices.

I gave up on God...

But He did not give up on me.

When I look back over my troubled past, some of the foolish choices I have made, and the way things MIGHT have turned out, I know He was there all along, watching over me.

But for the grace of God.....I hardly dare to think, where I would be today.

This blog is my journey of finding faith, and trying to keep it. It is dedicated to the memory of Isaac, that tiny little boy who was taken from me. That his life might not be in vain, but be a cause for celebrating all that we have, for living while we have the chance, and for honouring God, who really does know best.

This blog is also for my sons Nathan and Judah... That one day, when they are older, they might learn from my mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment